Saturday, October 09, 2004

Language hitches and shopping!

What do you have when you don't understand Swedish and you are in a shop with an assistant who has limited knowledge of English, yet you have an eye for bargains? A comedy I can assure you.
Today I went to Prix, a shop known for its cheap goods at Österplan on the road to Örebro centrum (city centre). I spied potato chips whose price tags seemed to say you can have three for 20 crowns! Mind you the bags were huge. Sensing a kill, I asked a passing shop assistant who assured me my interpretation of the Swedish tag was correct! I always keep receipts and study the billing later. I jumped a few inches skywards or did something close to it showing consternation, as I realised I had been charged 66 crowns for the chips! After siesta I made my way to the shop to demand a refund. To cut the yarn short, it transpired there had been a misunderstanding between me and the shop worker. The price tag said you could have 20 crowns back if you post to the makers of the chips a sort of code on the bags. Ha! Tomorrow I'm going back to return all the three bags and buy pasta perhaps--the favourite student food.

Yesterday evening was kinda funny. My morale sagged abit. I couldn't get through people I wanted to call.
And a fellow Christian said I could be labelled a 'boring' and 'extremist' Christian because I refuse to go to night clubs to dance. Bah! Also because I objected to the use of a word starting with S and ending with T which in my opinion is obscene. Well, well well..oh dear... It so sweet to trust in Jesus that He accepts me and you in our imperfections! In Him we live, move and have our being..identity too.

Problem for them is I can't start doing things I never do in Malawi. Many times I think Christianity means taking a long and lonely earthly road....what do you say?

2 Comments:

At 2 September 2016 at 02:56:00 CEST, Blogger oakleyses said...

baseball bats, nike huaraches, chi flat iron, ghd hair, mcm handbags, longchamp uk, abercrombie and fitch, north face outlet, valentino shoes, nike trainers uk, lululemon, babyliss, beats by dre, celine handbags, vans outlet, gucci, nfl jerseys, oakley, lancel, wedding dresses, hermes belt, timberland boots, bottega veneta, vans, hollister clothing, jimmy choo outlet, iphone cases, north face outlet, converse outlet, reebok outlet, hollister, asics running shoes, p90x workout, nike air max, ferragamo shoes, insanity workout, louboutin, nike roshe run, hollister, ray ban, nike air max, mont blanc pens, herve leger, instyler, mac cosmetics, soccer jerseys, converse, soccer shoes, new balance shoes, ralph lauren

 
At 2 September 2016 at 03:02:00 CEST, Blogger oakleyses said...

links of london, pandora charms, hollister, moncler outlet, marc jacobs, doudoune moncler, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, swarovski, louis vuitton, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler, louis vuitton, ugg, wedding dresses, canada goose outlet, thomas sabo, montre pas cher, moncler outlet, canada goose uk, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, pandora jewelry, pandora uk, pandora jewelry, ugg uk, moncler uk, moncler, canada goose outlet, toms shoes, ugg pas cher, coach outlet, replica watches, supra shoes, moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, canada goose jackets, karen millen uk, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, swarovski crystal, canada goose, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, canada goose

 

Post a Comment

<< Home