Thursday, May 08, 2008

Of masilipasi, and the wonders of God

I had an interesting experience today..one of my flip-flops(slippers) or 'masilipasi' broke at the weak point some of you know very well. It was a real hassle for a person like me who abhors walking barefoot, especially in the loo, regardless of the fact that no one else uses it except me!! Being in London aggravated matters, for back home, quick repairs are easy...you take a piece of wire heat it on an open fire and use it to pierce holes into the footware and apply necessary strings or wires to hold the broken strap together( ya, it's the strap that broke!)
With these fire alarms here, I couldnot dare light matches...what to do then?? I should be a 'shoe-repairer' (cobbler) or a barber when I go back to Malawi! My DIY skills in these areas are quite good...after shaving myself with a passable 'cut' I also fixed the silipasi! If you want to know how I did it, give me a fiver!!!

The other day I was trying to buy a phone online and my Swedish debit card was causing all sorts of problems so much that after three attempts I gave up...I was dejected! My friend Margaret Nyamushamba was passing by Hammersmith and I asked her to go to the phone shop and do the necessary (kuchita zomwezo)...she succeeded. I thank God because the phone I was seeking online was locked and would have needed unlocking, but the one Margaret came with for the same amount of money, was sim-free yet of the same model!! I saw the wonders of God as I failed thrice to buy online. The Lord knew that as His child I deserved better, a phone that would not cost me more money to unlock!! Praise Jesus!!

5 Comments:

At 9 May 2008 at 16:47:00 CEST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cobbler cobbler Joe!!! sew it up and sew it down, then you can wear it to the loo!! LOL!

why dont you tell the world of that experience you had with 'technology'!!!!????

 
At 9 May 2008 at 16:50:00 CEST, Blogger Joe Mlenga said...

LOL!LOL! Ndikuchita manyazi kuti dziko lapansi, the whole world indiseka...koma I will write that soon..indeed technology can baffle one!!

 
At 9 May 2008 at 16:54:00 CEST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you are too 'shy' to tell the world, well, its ok mr shoemaker! ;)

 
At 9 May 2008 at 16:56:00 CEST, Blogger Joe Mlenga said...

Amangwetu! That episode is too good to go unnarrated..I will use it somehow!!

 
At 12 June 2019 at 07:06:00 CEST, Blogger yanmaneee said...

nike shoes
air jordan
jordan retro
harden shoes
balenciaga triple s
off white x nike
nike foamposite
yeezy boost 350 v2
cheap jordans
zx flux

 

Post a Comment

<< Home