Friday, November 27, 2009

It Is Here..

I'm finally moving this weekend. Gosh! It feels abit stressful after 10 and a half years living in the same house, cultivating friendships in the neighbourhood, and generally enjoying the somehow peaceful township called Nkolokosa. It feels weird and unsettling to think of 'losing' the links we have built over the past decade and imagining what awaits us in our new environment. The magnitude of our loss was summed up by a woman who comes to sell vegetables in our area. She got so angry when she learnt we were moving. 'Why didn't you talk to the landlord to reconsider their decision? Who do you think will buy my goods after you move out? I'm angry...". The woman ranted at my sister, and made off in a huff.

Our neighbour's son said he would seek a court injunction to bar us from going away. The lad about 19 said he couldn't imagine facing new neighbours. It is understandable! Imagine how young he was when we first became his neighbour almost 11 years ago!
I wish we were staying but I guess God has ordained it that we move to a new area with a bigger and better house. In any case we have been telling our neighbours, friends and business clients where to find us! Pray for me..for God's peace, security, grace and favour.

On another note, I feel Malawi is groaning under a burden...creaking at its seams. The long queue of cars waiting for fuel at Chichiri Shopping Mall in Blantyre today was incredible. It reminded me of scenes I saw in Harare, Zimbabwe in 2005. I hope Malawi does not sink to that level. Forex shortages, late rains, acute power and water dearth....it is not being easy, I tell you!
Have we as a nation been focussing on minor issues, political bickering, jostling for power, positions/favours and missed the danger signs of the music we are facing now? I wonder. I call for prayer for divine intervention and also rationality in dealing with the problems rather than shifting blame and finding scapegoats for people's own weaknesses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home