Friday, July 30, 2010

Another Landmark

It is my birthday yet again and Im grateful to God for the years I have accumulated on this side of heaven. At 6.27am my mother called followed by my granny in her 80s, to say 'Happy Birthday'. I was well and truly touched for that was the first call ever to receive from my 'agogo'. I ended up speaking to these two great women at the same time!!

For once I'm in formal dress just to stress the importance of the day. All praise be to God for I look back and appreciate how blessed, victorious I am in Him, the Ancient of Days.
The things I have done, achieved, the places I have been to, the gifts I have...I give glory to God. Sometimes I have felt like giving up, only for the Lord to show up and reassure me that He is still with me! I thank God for all these years and the experiences, the valleys and the mountain-tops!

On a mundane note I still get fascinated with how women especially want to know how old I am!! I also wonder how women particularly estimate my age to be. Wow!
Here is my birthday portrait, shot at my home in Manja.


God bless and encourage you today and may you live to proclaim the faithfulness of Jehova.

4 Comments:

At 31 July 2010 at 01:46:00 CEST, Blogger Pearl said...

I know how old you are:) Should I tell... I am glad you had a wonderful time.

 
At 5 August 2010 at 13:09:00 CEST, Blogger Joe Mlenga said...

Please please, I beg-o!! Thanks dear

 
At 1 November 2010 at 21:45:00 CET, Anonymous Anonymous said...

inutu ndi abale anga enieni muwafunse amamama akuwuzani ife zidzukulu za che fred kubeleka kwa anagama che Berna.

 
At 11 April 2011 at 10:59:00 CEST, Blogger Joe Mlenga said...

ndinudi abale..but you needed to identify yourself better Che Berna. kaya mumapezeka kuti??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home