Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Örebro Again

God is faithful. I returned to Örebro University yesterday tired after two days of travelling, but thankful of the Lord's mercies and grace. It was hard to say goodbye to my family at Chileka Airport in Blantyre. But I waved cheerfully as I went to board the ATR42. In Harare I was stuck at the airport not knowing my way to the hotel I was booked into. God put a Zimbabwean woman of Malawian origin in my way and she helped me talk on the phone to an uncle who rescued me. My uncle took me to the hotel and later picked me up and I spent the afternoon and early evening at his posh home in the Zimbabwean capital. In the morning he came at 5.30 to take me back to the airport where I started off for Heathrow in London in a British Airways Boeing 777. The ten hours passed quickly as I enjoyed the perks of the Clubworld cabin with screened off seats, footrests etc. In London I was thrilled to see the famous concorde aircraft! The flight from London to Stockholm in a BA Boeing 757-200 was delayed abit and I was so drowsy with fatigue but I felt good to disembark at Arlanda. I spent the night at a hostel in Stockholm and in the morning took the train to Örebro. The town looked different--new shops, repairs to pavements and Christmas decorations still up. The weather was chilly and rainy..I missed the sun and people of Malawi. I bought foodstuffs and went to campus. My mates in the hostel and class thought I had suntan, had gained weight, was looking better and such stuff. I slept but later woke up to write emails and phone home. I went to bed early to rest.