Monday, December 06, 2004

Julmust, Glögg and Grace.

Our class had a joint dinner yesterday at the home of our classmate Anna Nyström at her home, 56 Halltorpsvägen. It was over an hour of walking to Anna's place where she lives with her husband Mats and two children. It was drizzly, cold and muddy, but the bash turned out to be a real celebration of Jesus's birth in a Swedish style. Top of the bill was traditional Swedish drinks, glögg (which looks like red wine) and Julmust, which I suspected to be a local version of coca cola! Ha ha ha..
There were plenty of Swedish dishes and others from various corners of the world..South Africa, Ethiopia, Peru, Cambodia, Thailand, Pakistan and Russia. The Pakistan bean dish looked and tasted like the ones we eat in Malawi..I liked them!
In the morning I said 'goodbye' to some people who I have known over the past few months. In exactly a week's time I will be home in Malawi! I'm quite busy though the semester is ending and I pray for God's peace, grace and sustenance in these last few days in Örebro. I have my Finland paper to finish and sort out travel arrangements. One friend likes to quote this verse: But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12: 9