Thursday, November 18, 2004

Snow!!

'It's snowing!' Somebody shouted last night as we prepared to have fellowship dinner in the International Group of the Brickebergkyrkan, at Brickebacken. The four Indian girls, myself, my Ugandan classmate Angella and others rushed to witness this phenomenon we have heard about so much but had not seen before. It was fantastic to see the first snowflakes falling. I tried to call Mom again to tell her about the snow. Earlier in the evening I had told her snow could come on Thursday! The connection failed. On returning to the hostel, there was a thin carpet of snow on the ground and I felt good to walk on it. Snow..magic!! I eventually got through Mom and narrated the experience. She wondered if classes would have to be cancelled! Outside the dorm we had a snow fight. One girl insisted that I make an 'angel' print in the snow...yuk! After refusing for some minutes I yielded and made the print. I felt quite cold at the end of the snow play. Mike who some weeks ago despised God, took lots of photos and he also gave me two hats, a sweater and a polo neck-shirt! We went to bed some minutes to midnight and I woke up feeling exhausted. It has continued to snow today, it's cold--minus two degrees, but sure thing, the snow looks beautiful!