Friday, March 11, 2005

God is Faithful

'Great is Thy Faithfulness morning by morning new mercies we see' one of my favourite hymns so goes. My class is back from the study visit to Aarhus University(Danish School of Journalism) where we went on Sunday to learn about the European Union and reporting Europe. The trip included six hours in a bus and three hours crossing the sea between Sweden(Göteborg) and Denmark (Fredrikshavn). Denmark was sunny, less expensive and more cheerful I guess than Sweden, Finland and Norway.
We were disappointed though that classes were not cancelled today considering the rigours of the journey let alone the course itself.
God is great. The cellphone which was stolen from my home in Blantyre, Malawi has been recovered by the police. Three weeks ago, I was amazed to receive an sms which my cousin Chitsanzo had saved in the phone before it was stolen. The sms had a strange phone number which has been used to track down the man using the phone. He must have bought it on the streets from the thief or a middle man. I don't know how the sms was sent to me here in Sweden, but I see the hand of God in all this. Praise Him, Praise Him from the rising of the sun to its going down!