Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Skiing and Filming

The long-awaited skiing trip finally materialised on Saturday 26 February 2005. My hostel friend Michael Emtesten took me to the football and rugby pitches at Örebro University campus for skiing lessons. Just like in learning how to ride a bike, one falls off. I fell once, and Micke said I was a good student because of that single tumble!
Ski1
He filmed the whole adventure as I learned the classic 'cross-country' skiing technic and another which one uses the sticks only to propel themselves. It was a great experience, but exhausting and after about 45 minutes we returned home. I spent most of the day resting and video-taping friends and things around the university. On Sunday I got permission to film the whole service at Brickebergkyrkan, the church I go to. I want to remember the senior Pastor Anders Sundström, friends like Kevin Leblanc, the Lindners, the Börjessons, the Rideouts and of course the great Swedish singing. A pity the Willetts were not around as I shot the video. It has been really cold this week with temperatures plunging to minus 13 degrees celsius yesterday and minus 12 degrees celsius today. Snow was forecast for yesterday and today but no sign of the flakes yet...if it snows again there's gonna be more skiing. Now there is too much ice which makes skiing quite a risk.
ski2
Tomorrow marks the 6th anniversary of the death of my father Alec Alfred Mlenga. On 1 March 1999 he seemed to be recovering from his heart problem and he was cracking jokes as usual, and asked for sugar and soap. That was the goodbye between us. But in all we should thank God for that is His will for our lives. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home