Monday, April 02, 2007

A PLUNGE..?

It's like taking a plunge into an unknown abyss when one resigns from a job that they have been at for nine years. Talk about leaving a comfort zone.
I quit MBC three weeks ago and it was a stressing moment. My superiors said I should change my mind because the broadcaster has big plans for me. Considering how I have been pushed around for the past six months or so, I fail to see what these plans are because I felt my input was no longer appreciated, and I had to jump or be pushed overboard.

I'm thankful however that I sharpened my writing skills while at MBC and that I had so many opportunities to travel to Asia, Europe and Africa while under the employment of the Corporation. As they say in the vernacular: "Munthu sayipa yense" meaning every person has their good and bad sides.

My advice to MBC? Please, stop the brain drain and recognise the strengths of your staff and capitalise on that. If you are in management, don't go on and on about the weaknesses of personnel and the bad job they are doing. It demotivates people.


For the future that lies ahead, God is my strength and direction. I'm reminded of Psalm 121....My help cometh from the Lord". I trust you Lord that the hurdles that seem to be there will disappear and I will arrive at my next destination with your wonderful provision which is always there for every vision.

3 Comments:

At 2 April 2007 at 22:38:00 CEST, Blogger ndagha said...

Let Psalm 121 be a reality sooner than you would hear it! God bless you.

 
At 3 April 2007 at 20:10:00 CEST, Blogger Moderator said...

Congratulations Joe. There is time for everything. I will you well in your next job.

 
At 12 June 2019 at 07:06:00 CEST, Blogger yanmaneee said...

chrome hearts online
off white nike
off white clothing
michael kors handbags sale
nike air max 2017
adidas nmd
moncler coat
balenciaga sneakers
nike 270
christian louboutin outlet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home