Wednesday, May 30, 2007

HEALTH SYSTEMS, MAYI ETHEL...

I have just been to Thyolo District Hospital today. I must say I was impressed with the service delivery and condition of the facilities at the establishment. The staff wore an air of confidence and positivity. There was also no overcrowding that characterises the referral Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital in Blantyre. How I wish all hospitals in Malawi were in that condition. It is bad to see many ordinary citizens struggling to access health facilities in the townships and at major institutions like Queens'. But then Thyolo District Hospital is quite knew and serves a smaller area. I hope the standards are maintained.
I can only imagine how President Bingu wa Mutharika is feeling at this hour, having lost his wife of over 40 years, Ethel. I feel for the man, for I have lost family members, relations and very close friends. At that hour the world seems upside down and it sometimes takes years for one to heal inside. Ethel Mutharika was a dignified lady, quiet and really fit the mould of First Lady. I pray that Bingu will face the loss with courage and not feel all is lost. Otherwise he may withdraw from normal life and Malawi will as a nation be affected gravely. God is on your side Bingu, carry on, and may the Lord Jehovah grant you peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home