Friday, November 07, 2008

Mud of Life and Ice...

Walking around Tromsø in the past two days or so, has been a very risky business. It has been snowing since last week... and raining too whenever the temperatures rise to about 6 degrees celsius. The two elements have therefore created swathes of ice especially on the road through the forest which I use to get to campus. It was particularly treacherous yesterday and I got quite scared and nearly started crawling around for safe navigation!!

Then I remembered the slush that I despised so much a few weeks ago. I didn't like the muddy patches at that time because it was so squelchy and wet.

Yesterday, as my feet trembled on the slippery ice, I wished I had that loathed mud instead.
This reminded me of the fact that in life when things are not so good and looking 'muddy' we often think it is only us 'suffering' and others are having it all good. We fail to notice the positive things and the greenery, only seeing the sludge and muck. But then there are always other folks in worse situations than us. Trust me.


Count your blessings, one by one. Don't wait until it's all icy and precarious to remember that you had a situation that looked 'muddy' and unappealing, yet in the slush was something more solid to cling on than hazardous frozen snow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home