Thursday, June 09, 2005

Anders and Bengt

On Sunday I had an encounter with two men of God, both Swedes. The first Anders Sundstrom, who has been my pastor at Brickebergskyrkan. He asked my to speak to the church about my fellowship there which I gladly did. I have enjoyed being with this church during my stay in Orebro, and the music was fantastic. 'Jag Kommer Hem, Jag Kommer nu..Hem Igen.' and 'Vi resa hem' are the songs I will remember for a long time even after I leave Orebro. Anders said it was important for the Swedes to realise people get satisfied with their company.
PICT0009
It was long into the second semester that I managed to get to talk for real to some local people, who are not part of the international group. I really found it hard not to chat at will and at length like back home. In the afternoon I went to Elin's church at Vasa. She wasn't there for the evening service but her congregation made me feel at home. This included Bengt, retired pastor of the church. We chatted and he even took my address so that we become sort of penpals.
PICT0020
Bengt was disappointed I would not visit his home, chat to him and see the book he has written. What a great Sunday. Today I met Elin for an hour....shopped a bit and came home feeling exhausted. An era, a time of manifestation God's faithfulness is passing. For the rest of what is to come, I trust you God. Show your power to overcome set rules and regulations. Father God you take care of the fatherless. Thank you Jesus, I expect a miracle tomorrow at Arlanda.