Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Juldagen i Goteborg, Sverige...


Christmas day in Gothenburg, Sweden...A year ago I would never have imagined that I would be in Sweden for Christmas. In 2006, I did not enjoy much Christmas because of some tensions with my best friend Michaella. It was a crazy day and it rained so much as we fought through sms.
Ahead of juldagen 2007, I was thinking that I would have a miserable day again being faraway from home and spending Christmas without the family and friends for the first time ever!
Waking up I prayed and sang, "Adeste Fidelis"....or " O Come O ye Faithful..". I had a modest breakfast of cornflakes and chocolate. Then it was a flurry of sms with Michaella, my friends and relatives. It was a rainy cold and dark day. But in the afternoon I walked to town to have fresh air, as I have been indoors since Sunday. The streets and shops were empty, save for a few folks.
By four pm local time I had eaten dinner. My Ugandan friends Judith Igeme and Joan Namulondo cooked a huge dinner of potatoes, rice and pork....yes, ganda limene atate!! It was meat brought from Norway by their countryman Eria Serwaja. It was fantastic, real African pork...saona ndege, nkhumba, namwali veke....aaa,kapado... sumptious!!
I was at home and in the end, I enjoyed being here. I realise God wanted to teach me something through this experience of being away from family at this precious time of Christmas. How about the poor, lonely folks that do not have any family? All the time? Thank you Jesus, you are the reason for the season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home