Monday, January 07, 2008

Another chapter...London

A year ago, I never ever imagined that I would be living in London and studying in this city. As a young boy I always dreamed of winning a scholarship to study journalism or creative writing. I even tried to apply for correspondence school when I was in primary school, but the dream never materialised because I couldnot afford the fees. Many years later, I'm in London and pursuing further studies, just as I wanted when I was about 13 years old, in a small village called Chibwana near Chilomoni township in Blantyre, Malawi. God is good!
I'm at Roehampton University for the second semester of my MA programme. London is busy and big and very expensive. But then it is warmer than Sweden and therefore alot of green in the foliage! I'm enjoying the planes as they fly low near my hostel to land at Heathrow..small and huge aircraft!
Yesterday, I visited Mary Ching'ang'a, a friend I have known for close to 20 years. We had nsima the Malawian dish and meatballs with alot of pepper...the Malawian way.
It is interesting to note many other similarities and differences of London and Goteborg. But then it is another milestone and another chapter in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home