Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Nyarsdagen...


New Year's Day...I thank God again for giving me the grace to witness new year's events in another country, away from Malawi. I spent the last hours of yesterday, Nyarsafton, at my church Smyrna International. Pastor Belton Mubiru led the congregation in praise and worship. The man is talented musically..his compositions are great!! The service was marked by a break between 10 and 11pm to eat dinner.
The youth from Smyrna added to a new dimension to the worship and the teenage guitarist was fantastic, Here I Am To Worship, Lord I Lift Your Name On High, Reign In Me, How Great Is Our God, Celebrate Jesus Celebrate, are some of the songs I enjoyed. After the service the congregation set off fireworks. It was a night to remember.

Pastor Belton prayed for me too and released me, as it was my last time to be at the church. Praise God! Today, it snowed abit in Goteborg and I managed t call home to say, Hape Nyuwere!!

1 Comments:

At 14 March 2009 at 03:27:00 CET, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pastor Belton Mubiru's musical talent originates from his mother.. From Sarah M.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home